Wamo Challenge Terms
The following terms and conditions apply to all challenges featured in the WAMO app, or in any other medium where we run a competition. These general terms and conditions should be read alongside, and in addition to, any specific terms and conditions which may be mentioned in the challenge, and in any challenge of or messages about that challenge. These terms should also be read in conjunction with the general terms for use of the WAMO app itself.
If there is any inconsistency between these general terms and conditions and any specific information provided in a challenge or competition, the information in the challenge will supersede anything else.
If you do not agree with any of the terms and conditions then you should not take part in the competition or challenge.
These terms and conditions may be amended at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be posted on the Wamoble website. It is your responsibility to ensure you review the current terms and conditions before entering any challenge.
Entrants must meet the eligibility requirements below. Failure to meet the eligibility requirements will result in an entry being invalid and/or forfeiture of any prize.
Challenges are open to residents of the United Kingdom, Isle of Man and Channel Islands – or the same territory where the WAMO app is available on the appropriate official store.
To win a challenge, entrants have a valid email address in their profile, otherwise the WAMO team will not be able to contact them to provide the prize.
If the entrant fails to respond to an email about their win, the WAMO team reserves the right to re-allocate the prize after a reasonable waiting period.
To win physical prizes, entrants must be prepared to supply a valid postal address accessible to standard Royal Mail delivery.
Employees and members of their immediate families (including any live-in partner) of the WAMO team and any specific prize promoter, are ineligible to enter. Any such entries are invalid.
The WAMO team reserves the right in its sole discretion to ask for evidence to verify the age, identity and/or eligibility of an entrant at any time, and to use any channels and methods available to carry out checks of any details provided. We may withhold delivery of a prize until it has received such evidence from the winner and failure to provide such evidence in a timely manner may result in forfeiture of the prize.
Winners may be listed (username, name, profile picture, public lists) and promoted within the WAMO app, on Twitter, Facebook, the winners’ page of the relevant website, the WAMO website, digest emails to users and associated media. Email addresses and other personal data not already shown publically to other WAMO users will not be shared.
In the event of any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning the correctness or acceptability of any answers given by entrants, or the operation of any part of the challenge, platform or technology, the decision of WAMO shall be final.
THE PRIZE OR REWARD
The prize is subject to availability and to winner confirmation, i.e. WAMO has managed to contact the winner and received confirmation of eligibility. The prize is also subject to the terms and conditions of the prize provider, their agents, and where applicable to the terms of the venue and/or the manufacturer.
Where the prize includes a cheque, voucher or giftcard, such prize will be made payable in pounds sterling in the name of the winning entrant only and such cheque, voucher, or giftcard cannot be made payable to any third party. No other form of payment than that indicated in the challenge information will be provided to the winner.
For delivery of the prize, you may be required to be available at a specified time and place.
No cash equivalent (where applicable) or alternative prize will be given at the request of the winner and the prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. However, WAMO reserves the right to change the prize or any part of the prize (to an alternative prize or part of the prize of equal or greater value) for any reason in its sole discretion including without limitation due to circumstances beyond its control or if any part of the prize becomes unavailable. If for any reason the winner chooses not to take up the prize or any part of the prize, WAMO reserves the right to ask the winner to confirm this in writing and WAMO will be able to retain or dispose of the prize at its own discretion.
WAMO may refuse to provide a prize, or seek its recovery, in the event of non-entitlement under the challenge terms and conditions or an entrant’s breach of the challenge terms and conditions, fraud or dishonesty, including but not limited to the use of technology which enables an entrant to evade applicable charges when entering the challenge.
WAMO, the prize provider and their agents will not be liable where a prize has been lost or stolen following delivery and such prize will not be replaced.
Where the winner is randomly selected, the draw for the winner will take place soon after the challenge closure date.
Unless stated otherwise in the challenge information, the winner will be the first entry drawn at random from all valid entries, subject to eligibility and winner confirmation.
Where the winner is not randomly selected, the challenge information will detail the judging criteria on which the winning entry will be selected. In these cases, which will be subjective, the WAMO team’s decision will be final.
The winner will be contacted as soon as practicable soon after the draw date or judging date (as appropriate) or as indicated in the challenge information. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact a winner on the email address provided when entering the challenge or such other method of contact deemed appropriate by WAMO in its sole discretion in the circumstances. Unless the prize is time critical or time sensitive, WAMO will try to contact the winner over a period of 48 hours.
Time critical: Where the prize must be taken up within a certain time after the close date of the competition, the competition will be considered “time critical”. As a winner needs to be found before the time to take up the prize passes, the challenge information will indicate the date when the winner will be contacted.
In the event that the winner cannot be contacted or successful contact is not made within the reasonable time periods or if the winner fails to provide an address for delivery of the prize or fails to meet any of the eligibility requirements or is otherwise unable to comply with the challenge terms and conditions, this may result in forfeiture of the prize and WAMO reserves the right to disqualify that entrant (without further liability to that entrant) and offer the prize to the next eligible entrant and thereafter until a winner is found.
Any entrant and/or winner must comply with any directions given to him or her by WAMO, prize provider(s) and/or their agents and with all relevant laws, rules and regulations, restrictions and itinerary. Failure to comply with instructions, itineraries, rules, restrictions, requirements, laws and guidelines may result in an invalid entry and/or forfeiture of the prize.
In the event of a technical failure or other circumstance beyond WAMO’s reasonable control which affects the challenge, WAMO will calculate the outcome of the challenge having regard to all circumstances and information available to them at the relevant time. The decision of WAMO shall be final.
WAMO reserves the right to disqualify and/or discount entries if they have reasonable grounds to suspect, at their sole discretion, having regard to all the circumstances and information available at the relevant time, any of the following:
– Entries have occurred that are designed to excessively manipulate the outcome; or
– Entries have been made in breach of these terms and conditions; or
– There has been any activity which WAMO considers is designed to unfairly influence the challenge and/or provide an unfair advantage to the entrant including without limitation use of automated or semi-automated technology; or the making or disguising of multiple entries by an individual entrant using multiple different accounts and emails (or other details on which limits on number of entries are based)
If we determine that an individual has attempted to unfairly influence or manipulate a challenge then in addition to disqualification and/or discounting entries for that challenge we may (in our sole discretion) ban that individual from future use of challenges.
In relation to all Challenges promoted by Wamo:
– Nothing in the terms and conditions restricts your statutory rights as a consumer. For more details on these statutory rights you should contact your local Trading Standards Office or Citizen’s Advice Bureau.
– WAMO does not accept responsibility for any fault, malfunction, damage, loss or disappointment suffered by you as an entrant or participant howsoever arising from participating in a competition, prize draw, vote or poll or from accepting any prize whether due to any error, omission or other cause by WAMO, or its or their employees, agents or others.
– Subject to statutory restrictions WAMO reserves the right to amend any element of a competition, prize draw, vote or poll for reasons beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to the unavailability of the entry platform before the closing date, or for strike, lock-out, labour dispute, illness, act of God, natural disaster, adverse weather conditions, war, riot, civil commotion, accident, epidemic or pandemic, malicious damage, fire, flood and/or storm, compliance with law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, breakdown of plant, machinery or transportation. WAMO is not responsible for any loss or damage caused to you as a result of any of these occurrences.
– Subject to statutory restrictions WAMO does not accept responsibility for any incorrectly addressed or undelivered competition or prize draw entries, votes or polls or for any disruption, delay or misdirection of such entries, votes or polls.
– WAMO and/or the prize provider may be required to send personal data of the winner of a challenge (and where applicable, their companion(s)) to third parties outside the European Economic Area, for the purposes of fulfilling and administering the challenge and/or the prize and the challenge winner agrees to such transfer for these purposes.
– The winner of a competition or prize draw may be required to participate in publicity. WAMO (or any third party nominated by WAMO) may exercise its sole discretion to use the winner’s (and if applicable their companions’) name and image and their comments relating to the prize and challenge experience for future challenges, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid.
– Winners may be listed on the winners’ page of the relevant website and associated media. This means that if you are a winner your name may be shown in the WAMO app and the WAMO website. No email or address data will be shared in publicity material in any circumstances.
Last Updated: 22nd July 2014